Freddie Tour Do you enjoy the music of Queen and the voice of Freddie Mercury? You wonder why a statue of the singer was erected in Montreux? You know the mythical first chords of Deep Purple's "Smoke on the Water" and want to discover more about the history of the song, in front of the building that inspired it?
Come on this guided tour and learn more about all these subjects and many more by following the route Freddie Mercury took to go and record in the idyllic setting of the quays of Montreux, on the peaceful shores of Lake Geneva. Come and discover a piece of the musical history of the city of Montreux through unpublished photos, anecdotes and fascinating stories about the life of the legendary singer. Thanks to the precious testimony of Peter Freestone, who was Freddie Mercury's personal assistant for more than 10 years and who narrates the story in its English version, you will have a privileged access to the story of one of the greatest singer who left his mark on rock music, in one of the most beautiful settings in the world.
Freddie Tours offers you an original way to discover the rich musical past of the city of Montreux through the story of one of its most illustrious hosts, Freddie Mercury!
- From the meeting point, the group will go to the Montreux Casino.
- The tour will end in front of the Freddie Mercury statue.
- Various stops will be made along the way to discover the many points of interest related to Freddie Mercury and Queen.
- Participants are accompanied by a French and English speaking guide.
- Each participant receives an audioguide.
Languages currently available: English (with Peter Freestone's voice)French, German, Italian and Russian.
- The guided tour lasts approximately 1 hour.
- The route of about 1km through Montreux presents no difficulty and is suitable for everyone.
- Our guided tours take place in all weathers.
Montreux Covered Market, next to the bus stop, 15 minutes before the scheduled time of the visit.
Non-cancellable, non-refundable offer